Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Running Essentials!


 I don't like the fact that I have to work today...so I decided to have some Polyvore fun!

Now that I am a few weeks into my training, I have pretty much figured out what is essential for my running needs. 

1. Good Shoes.  I am currently running with sub-par shoes.  I am planning on getting some new ones soon, I just need to break down and spend the money on them!
2. A couple dri-fit shirts.  A t-shirt is fine most of the time while I am running, but sometimes it's nice to run in a dri-fit shirt that keeps the sweating down a bit.  (especially when I run outside!)
3. My ipod!  I couldn't run very far without this thing. 
4. Running shorts.  My old cotton shorts that I have had since early college are starting to lose the elastic and tend to move around while I am moving.  I have one pair of running shorts and I love them!  I'm on the look out for another pair on sale.  They are expensive usually...but I got my current ones for $10.  Thank you TJ Maxx.
5. A watch (for outside running).
6. A good sports bra. 
7. Water bottle.  I have to drink a lot of water while I'm running.  I know some people don't, but for me it makes a big difference in my running.  The two I have here are eco-friendly bottles.  I currently have a Nalgene that I don't like for a couple of reasons.  One, the mouth is too wide so water spills everywhere.  Two, Nalgenes are made from toxic plastic.  So, I'm on the search for a good non-toxic one.
8. Running socks.  I want to try a pair of running socks that are dri-fit.  They are supposed to reduce blisters and whatnot.
9. I need to find an armband for my ipod.  They don't make my size ipod anymore, so it's hard to find an armband that fits it.  Right now, if I'm running outside I have to stick it in my sports bra.  Not the cutest thing ever!
10.  My goal is to look good enough and feel confident enough to wear something like these in the fall! Right now the thought of trying to wiggle into these things is scary! haha.

2 comments:

  1. For #10- I got an awesome pair of tights from Walmart that i run with in the winter. I just wear a pair of running shorts over them since I'm not that confident about running around in tights. Love everything else you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh, I AGREE and everything is so Pretty !!

    My new shoes are Wonderful, New Balance Style 759.
    And the salesman gave me a free pair of Zulu socks which are great as well...I am thinking about buying some.

    My mother sent me a check to buy myself something for vacation and I used it to buy new running shorts and tank top...

    Running Shorts for $14.99 (Not as good as Michelle's TJMax deal) and Razorback Tank Top with built in Bra for $14.99 from Target; Another Razorback Tank Top from Walmart for $7.99. Shorts are Great, Target top is nice and keeps sweating down, Walmart top is a cotton material - not so good at helping with sweating but it has a electronics pocket to hold an Ipod (or if your me a Zune).

    My new running attire has helped my motivation!!

    ReplyDelete