Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9:39 ?!?!?!?!

So, I don't know why this is shocking to me... but to run a 10k in less than an hour I need to run a 9:39 minute mile pace.  Yikes!  I don't know if that is physically possible for me (especially by October).  I am no speedy gonzales!  So maybe it's a good idea that I haven't picked my "prize" yet.  I might be able to get to that speed someday...maybe.  I'd probably need to lose like 10 lbs to get my body to move that fast.  urgh!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don’t know if you would rather have support or a reality check...So I will try and cover both.

    Reality Check:
    I doubt it is physically possible for anyone outside of the Arkansas Track Team...
    Support:
    You are simply better informed and more aware of what a 10K consist of and running in general; therefore, you just readjust your time to what you feel would be an achievement for you, whether that is 60 minutes or 600 minutes !!

    (Social Work Phrase: Goals and objectives need to be individualized, measurable and obtainable.)

    Hope this Helps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...

    All achievements deserve a prize…So just go right ahead and pick out your prize. If Michael has objections, then he has a red-head to deal with ;)
    (Which I don’t believe for a minute that he would object)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a TFA thing too (about the goals).

    I'm still going to try for it. There are a lot of people in moderately good shape that run it in under 60 minutes.... they are probably just better suited for running. haha. I'm just going to do my best and that's all I can do! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete