Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mysti's Run 07-09-2010

Warm Up: Stretching
Workout: 10 minute Run
Distance: 1.1 mile

I made a deal with myself this morning. If I could run the mile (1.1) loop around my neighborhood without stopping then that could/would be a successful workout for the day.

I am very excited to report...I was able to run a mile without stopping to rest, walk or stretch !! It was not too hard !!

However, it made me think about whether I am ready to start week three of the 5k training. Hum, maybe not. Reasoning: I missed 3 workouts due to being sick and I am just now running ten minutes.

With that said, I think I will repeat week two and give myself another week to build up to running 15 - 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a good plan. Repeating a week is not going to hurt anything. I have a feeling I am going to have to do that eventually. It's pretty unlikely that I will be able to train for 15 weeks without getting sick or having minor injuries.

    1.1 miles in 10 minutes...you must have been sprinting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I was going to run this morning while it was still cool...but Michael and I stayed up too late, so it's going to have to be a hot afternoon run! Ick! at least it's 30 minutes instead of 40.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running in the morning is hard, but I always feel better throughout the day.

    Good Luck this afternoon; Maybe it will not get too hot.

    ReplyDelete