Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Michelle's Run 8.30.10

Running Stats:
Time: 40 minutes
Distance: 3.9 miles
Pace: 10:15

This is a very fast pace for a 40 minute run!  This was definitely a treadmill run and definitely at close to race pace.  I wasn't falling over tired when I was finished, but I had to slow down a couple of times to catch my breath a little.  If I could run this pace for the 10k I would finish in about 64 minutes. That is so close to my goal.  However, I'm not sure I could keep up that pace running outside and for that long.  With the 10k less than a month a way I think it's safe to say that I need to adjust my goal.  My new goal is to run it in under 70 minutes.  This is still going to be a stretch, but more realistic.  Maybe I will try for a under 60 minute 10k in the spring.

4 comments:

  1. p.s. I added a races page. So Mysti when you pick a 5k to run in let me know and I will add it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gals! I gave you a little bloggy award! Thanks for giving us a picture of your training!
    http://maxifortend.blogspot.com/2010/08/10-miler-no-ipod-thats-cherry-on-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Who knew our attempt at learning to run could be so exciting. haha.

    ReplyDelete