Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I think I found a race

When I (Michelle) started training for the 10k I didn't have a specific race in mind.  I figured it would be easy to find a 10k to run in the month of October.  Oh how I was wrong.  We looked in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Atlanta for a 10k in October that worked for us.  We found one that was going to be really hilly (no thank you) and one that a lot of people run in costume (could be fun, but I am just going to be happy to finish). 

Well, we were looking at the upcoming college football schedules and were trying to find a Georgia Tech game to go to, when we found out that there was a game on September 25th.  I looked at the race schedule and sure enough there is a 10k race that day in the Atlanta area. 

The reason we don't know for sure if we are going to sign up is because this semester I have a class that meets a few Saturdays a month.  I am hoping to find out this week if I will have class that Saturday or not.

This race is a week before my training program is over, but I think I can be ready.  It might not be a fast run, but I feel pretty confident that I will finish.  It's exciting to have a possible race to run in!

I'll keep you updated on what we decide!

1 comment: