Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Michelle's 10k 9.25.10

Running Stats:
Time: 1:04:42
Distance: 6.2 miles
Pace: 10:26

We started this blog about 14 weeks ago.  My whole purpose was to run a 10k race. Well, Saturday I did it! I ran in the Doug Kessler 10k Race in Sandy Springs, GA.

We got to the race around 7:30 and the race started at 8.  The 5k started about 30 minutes before our race. The course was pretty flat which I was really thankful for.

Michael and I before the race!
I felt good for the whole race.  The course was shaded, so it was pretty cool.  I didn't stop to walk once, not even when I ran by the water stands.  (I took water, but I kept running while I drank it.) 

I picked up the pace once I hit mile 5. I finished strong, although there really wasn't anyone near me that I could pass... haha.

A sweaty after race picture!

I finished in 1 hour 4 minutes and 42 seconds.  According to my watch, we haven't seen our official times yet.

Here is Michael's time compared to mine.  He finished about 2 minutes before me.  I could see him for most of the race, but at the end he was able to pull away faster.
We ran a 10k and all we got was this T-shirt!  hahaha.

After the 10k we went to the Georgia Tech game and fried in the sun!  So today I have a sunburn and I'm a little sore from the run.

I really enjoyed the race.  I am going to try to run in a 5k in the next couple months and then start training to run the 10k in less than an hour sometime in the Spring!

3 comments:

  1. You Did It !!
    Great Time !!

    Good Job to Michael as well.

    I love how we pretty much wore the same outfits during our races.
    And
    I like the t-shirt you both got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shirt. It is tighter on the top and then is lose at the bottom, so i don't have to constantly pull it down while I'm running. I got it at Target though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you!! How awesome and you did such great time!! Good for you=)

    ReplyDelete