Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hit the Road 5k 6.4.11

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 31:10 (unofficial)

One word for this race: HILLY!

The first half was pretty much all downhill and the second half was all uphill... I'm not even exaggerating.  I was doing awesome the first half and really keeping a good pace.  I was trying to be really conscious of pushing myself and not just taking it easy.  However, once we got to mile 2 it was almost all uphill.  I had to walk a couple of times because the hills were so steep that walking was probably faster.  Even though I was walking some, no one passed me (probably because they were walking to).  I had no idea it was going to be so rough!  It was also pretty hot. 

However, even with all of that I am happy with my time.  When I crossed the finish line the big time clock said 31:10.  My ipod said 31:05.  The official times were posted after the race.

Which leads me to my major complaint.  The race was really poorly run.  The lady in charge of the race was rude at the registration table, it started late, they didn't do prizes until an hour and half after I finished the race, and the never posted the results/times. 

I didn't get any pictures, but there honestly wasn't anything exciting to capture.  It was a small race and like I said, not organized.  But, it was a good challenge and I improved my previous 5k time by over 4 minutes (the last time I ran a 5k was October 2009).

1 comment: