Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Run for God Half Marathon

Distance: 13.1
Time: 2:24:20

We finished the race!  I was slightly disappointed with my time, it was a 11:01 pace.  But, I know I started out really conservatively at the beginning of the race.  (Since it was the first time I've ran that far and I didn't know what to expect.) I felt really good the whole time and was able to pick up the pace at the end.  I really enjoyed the race.  I didn't feel like I would die or that I could never do it again.  My legs and knees are a little sore, but nothing too bad.

I had 3/4 of a powerbar before the run and some powerade.  During the run I took one or two cups of water at each water station (about every 2 miles).  I also had a lemon GU gel about half way through the race. 

I started out going pretty slow and near the end of the group, but as more and more people started walking and slowing down, I passed them.  Michael finished a minute ahead of me.  I could see him during the whole race, I almost caught up to him at the end... but he got a kick at the end.  haha.

After the race we got our medals, water, and some food.

Some specifics about the race... it was really small (this was the first year for the race).  There were less than 200 runners in the half.  The course was good, it wasn't flat but the hills weren't steep at all (especially compared to what we normal run).  The temperature was pretty much perfect.  It got a bit warm toward the end, but there was a little breeze that cooled it off a bit. The outfit I wore was not the cutest, but it was comfortable and I had zero clothing issues or problems with it rubbing. 

So all in all, it was a great experience for both of us!  I can definitely see myself running a half marathon again.  However, not for a while!  haha.  My feet need to heal some... I have about 6 blisters currently.  Yuck!

Here are some pictures of us after the race.

I had to add one picture with the medal where I looked half way decent!  haha!

1 comment: