Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Michelle's Run 10.1.10

Running Stats: 
Time: 43 minutes
Distance: 4 miles
Pace: 10:45

My first run of October was a good one.  Murray and I ran at a Nature Center nearby.  The Nature Center has a 3.75 miles greenway.  We ran 2 miles one way and then 2 miles back.  I wasn't going to take him with me, but when we went to the vet this morning they said he was a little overweight.  I was slightly embarrassed/upset.  We try not to be the people that have a fat dog and in his our defense he doesn't look fat.  After all of that, I decided he needed to go on a run.  So he had a personal distance run of 4 miles. 

For the first 3 miles we were going pretty fast.  Then the 4th mile hit and we were not moving as fast.  The last mile was mostly uphill and it had warmed out.  But, we made it and only stopped for a bit after mile 2 so that Murray could go to the bathroom and rest.

I enjoyed running at the Nature Center.  It was pretty, shaded, and I didn't have to run in a loop over and over.  I ran without music and I didn't miss it at all.  I meant to get pictures, but when we finished running we had to leave so that we could be home when the Cable man got here.

I won't be able to run here or on any of the other greenways all of the time, because they are all at least a 30 minute drive from my house.  However, while the weather's nice I am going to try to run on a greenway once a week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Murray, I don't think he is overweight

    Sounds like a fun run; change of pace.

    ReplyDelete