Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Michelle's run 6.1.12

Distance: Run 3 miles, walk .6, run 1.5
Total run: 4.5

So, this was a really crazy run.  I started off really well and even tried a different neighborhood.  It was mostly downhill, which was bad because I think I went too fast.  I also ran along one of the busiest streets in Chattanooga for about a 1/2 mile.  There were sidewalks, but it was weird because so many cars passed me.  A little over 2 miles in I hit a wall.  I just couldn't go anymore.  I was running in a flat area, but it was hot and little shade.  I was also thirsty and didn't have any water with me.  When I got to mile 3 I had to walk back to my house.  (about .6 miles) I had a gatorade bottle waiting for me in the driveway.  After a few drinks, I was determined to finish the last 1.5 miles.  It wasn't pretty, but I finished.

I was having so much trouble I don't know how I am going to run the whole 6.2 mile Peachtree in a month or the 5 miles I have scheduled for next weekend for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment