Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Michelle's Run 2.6.11

Distance: 9 miles!!
Time: 1:36
Pace: 10:40

I ran 9 miles. I can't even believe it!  Michael ran with me for the first 6.2 (a 10k) and then I ran the last 2.8 solo.  It really wasn't bad.  The weather was perfect: 40's and sunny.  I only stopped 2 times.  I stopped after the first 3 miles to get a quick drink and after the 6.2 mile point to get a drink and eat a piece of an energy bar.  My legs are already sore, so tomorrow may be comical.  I was also pretty happy with my pace for my first 9 mile run. 

4 comments:

  1. Not too bad actually. I feel a little sore if I sit for a long time, but once I get moving I feel fine. I thought i would really be hurting today. It was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good !! I didn’t even look at your pace yesterday, because I was so distracted/ impressed by the 9 miles. You didn’t even slow down !!

    Must I say I am so Jealous…Eventually it will stop snowing here, Hopefully I will schedule an appointment with a chiropractor soon (depending on cost – our insurance does not cover a chiropractor visit) and Honestly I simply need some motivation. And a inch of ice, 7 inches of snow, 5 more inches two days later and an expected 4-10 to come tomorrow makes me want to sit on my couch, eat and watch Grey’s Anatomy.

    Can you tell my client didn’t show and I have an hour to kill !?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hopefully the weather gets better soon... or you just need to move further South! haha. I definitely don't recommend running on the ice and snow. I did that once and my knees and hips got mad at me.

    Usually the first chiropracter visit isn't too bad...it's the second visit where they get ya!

    Working up to 9 miles isn't hard at all. If you can do 6, you can do 9 and you got up to 6 in no time!

    ReplyDelete