Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

changing my mind again and again...

So I think I have changed my mind about which half marathon I'm going to do. 

Just last week I was looking to see if any had been added and I found the Run for God Half Marathon.  It's going to be April 9th.  The best part is that it's a good price and it's located only a few miles from Michael's parents, so we won't have to pay for a hotel room.  The possible downfall is that this is the first year for the race, so it's going to be small, probably a little unorganized, and there won't be many people to cheer you on. 



However, the Run for God program is really neat and the proceeds go to NW Georgia FCA groups.  Run for God is a bible study/5k training program.  The church we went to in Dalton has a group and some of the teachers I taught with in Chattanooga are also in groups.  I think that is a great way to get people active and growing closer to God at the same time.  Plus they do a lot of group runs, so talk about motivation!  There website is runforgod.com

I haven't signed up yet, but I plan to this week (unless I change my mind again.)

1 comment: