Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

AJC Peachtree Road Race 7.4.12


Yesterday, Michael and I ran the Peachtree Road Race 10k.  It was a hot run!  (As you can probably tell by the redness in my face...even 30 minutes after finishing!)  Although I had to walk up a lot of the hills, my time wasn't awful.  1:09:33.  I didn't even sprint at the end because I wasn't sure where the end was!  I also didn't know it was going to be so hilly.  I think if I ran it again, I would be better prepared.  I also wouldn't get surgery the week before.  However, I think the fact that this race is on July 4th will always make it a tough race, weather-wise.

What was really neat about the race was all of the people!  There were 60,000 participants!  Then there were spectators all along the streets cheering people on.  Some people came in costume, some carried flags the whole way, some people handed out beer and shots instead of water!  It was an experience.  I told Michael I didn't think I would do it again, but we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. WoW, that sounds crazy. I think I would take a beer in 100 degree while running - not.

    ReplyDelete