Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Picking a Half Marathon

So, I'm having trouble picking a half marathon. I have found three possibilities and each have pros and cons.  I thought writing them out in a post could help me decide.

Knoxville Half Marathon; April 3rd
Pros
-close by
-$60
- could run the parts of the course before the race to get used to it

Cons
-hilly
-earlier than the others= less time to train


Country Music Half Marathon, Nashville; April 30th

Pros
-later than the Knoxville Half
-pretty flat course that goes through downtown Nashville and Centennial Park
-Rock N Roll series which means it's a well organized race and will have a lot of people; they also have live music and other events

Cons
-expensive $90 if I register before the end of the month, although I think I found a $10 coupon
-would have to get a hotel room and pay for meals


Kentucky Derby Half Marathon,  Louisville; April 30th

Pros
-same day as Nashville
-would get to visit a new city
-cheapest @ $50
-course goes by Churchill Downs (the race is a week before the Derby)

Cons
-would have to get a hotel and pay for food and such

I'm not sure which one I will choose, but I feel like I need to pick one soon because the prices go up at the beginning of 2011 in a few weeks.  Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Also, I may or may not be running today because it is 25 degrees and looks like this out right now...

5 comments:

  1. Why would you not run today; Looks so warm outside !! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you not know I was starting to train for a half marathon? I've been talking about it for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah !!

    Have you picked which half marathon ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. I haven't picked one yet. Hopefully I will decide this week.

    ReplyDelete