Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mysti's Workouts - Week of Aug 18th & 26th

Week of August 18th - It was the first week for some time that it was just Sam and I at home without travel plans or guests. MWF = 1 mile walk each morning, Sunday = 2 mile run, Tuesday = 2 mile run with Sam, Thursday = 3.3 mile run with Sam and Saturday = 7.52 mile run - 11.16 pace. Week of August 26th - We were a one car family this week so I did some transporting Joey and John during the mornings. Tuesday = 2 mile run with Sam, Thursday = 3 mile run with Sam and Saturday = 8 mile run - 11.32 pace. I am very excited about my progress, but while running my last mile today and about to hit the 1.5 hour mark these thoughts started going through my head - I was thinking this is crazy, a half marathon, 2.5ish hours running, yeah right... I'm totally not ready to give up, but seriously I've gone crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, don't think about how long it would take.... think about miles. :) 2.5 sounds crazy to be running straight. You are doing awesome!! Be sure you are eating something after an hour of running. I like gels and GU shots.

    I got a cold last weekend and it has sucked! Being sick, taking care of a baby, nursing full-time, and working fulltime... I took 1.5 hour naps with Heath after work a few days. This week I had to choose between working out or resting... I chose rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting to pick something up. I like the chews.
    Hope you are resting up this weekend. Yes, always picking resting - it's too easy to get ran down with baby, working and working with kids - with lots of germs

    ReplyDelete