Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Michelle's Run 10.14.12 and News

Run: 1 mile
Walk: 1 mile

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I ran.  BAD!  However, when we were in London, we walked EVERYWHERE.  So, I don't feel so bad. 

Since I hadn't ran in a couple of weeks, I took it slow.  The weather was nice, and there was a little breeze. 

Now for some news.... (in case anyone besides Mysti, Michael, and I read this)

I am 13 weeks pregnant with our first baby!  I am so excited.

What does this mean for running?

Well, I am extremely tired, but I have been trying to keep it up.  I have had some episodes of back pain though.  When we went to Arizona a few weeks ago, I came back and had pain for about a week.  I was fine in London, but Friday night I cleaned a bath tub and it started hurting again.  It bothered me a little during the run, but nothing too bad.

My goal is to run as long as possible and as I get more energy, become more consistant.  I have read that that is the key to exercising when pregnant.  I may to hire someone to call or come by my house and make me go!  The main reason I am wanting to keep up running is for a few reasons:

1. It's more interesting than walking
2. I feel good after I run and feel better about myself/body
3. I want to control my weight gain

So far I haven't gained any weight.  I am actually down a pound than I was when I initially got pregnant.  I was super healthy for about a week and a half after finding out (no soda, no coffee, little dessert, etc).  However, that ended quickly and now I eat more like I did before.... just no lunch meat or soft cheese.  I also don't eat any more than I did before, which is probably the important part.  So far it's working out, I would like to only gain about 20 lbs.  (I'm shooting for a small (but healthy) baby.)

I ran the 5k a couple of weeks ago and would like to run one more while pregnant.  That may be a lofty goal, but I think it would be fun to see the looks on people faces when I pass them with a belly.  hahaha.  (I would probably only pass the walkers, but still!)

(I was going to attach the picture from the 5k a few weeks ago, but my computer is being stupid!)

1 comment:

  1. So exciting So exciting !!!!!
    Be careful, back pain sucks. I think it is at 14 weeks when you can get a pregnancy massage. The lady I go to has a special pregnancy certification - don't know if that really matters, but she is very knowledgable of what she could and couldn't do at each stage.
    Oh how our running days are changed forever ;)

    ReplyDelete