Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bill Gregory Healthcare Classic 5k

Yesterday I ran the Bill Gregory Healthcare Classic 5k in Dalton.  We had a little registration drama when we first got there.  (I thought Michael had registered me and he thought I registered myself.)  However, we were able to get it straightened out right on time.  The humidity was brutal!  It was also a really hilly course.  I actually wasn't even that thrilled to run.  I thought I would do so terrible.  I hadn't been able to run as much as I would like and my last few runs hasn't gone well.  There was a fairly big crowd so it was hard to see Michael.  I had to walk about mile 2.5 and I didn't know how I was going to finish.  I just knew I was going to get a 35 minute time.  Then I got a glimpse of Michael!  I knew if he was within sight I wasn't doing too bad.... so I picked it up again.  When I got to the very end I sprinted with a girl.  She got me by a hair!

My official time was 31:30.  However, I would say it was more like 31 or a little less because we started near the back and had to walk a bit to get to the start.  Oh well, it is a MUCH better time than I expected.  It could have been a PR depending on when I actually started. 

I'm happy with the race and I am so glad that I ran it after all!

2 comments: