Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Michelle's workout 3.14.12

Power Yoga

My usual yoga friend decided to run instead, so it was tempting to bail myself.  However, I went and I am so glad that I did.  I sweated like crazy.  We did a lot of arm and ab work, so tomorrow may be interesting. 

This yoga class is not slow and restful, it's heated and quick moving.  However, we do take time to breath at the beginning and end.  In the beginning the instructor challenged us to think of a word to concentrate on when we were breathing in and another when we were breathing out.  I find mantras to be great for running, so I thought I would try it out for yoga.  I picked the words hope and strength.  I am hoping for some big things right now (or trying to stay hopeful and not defeated) and I'm wanting to get stronger in all areas of my life (mentally, physically, spiritually, etc).  They seemed like the perfect words and really helped me during hard poses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment