Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Michelle's run 3.10.12

distance: 3 miles

I finally went for a run.  It's been too long.  What really motivated me was the fact that I have a 5k in 3 weeks that I am completely unprepared for.  Any get a sub 30 in less than 3 week plans out there? 

I haven't been posting my time/pace because it's been too embarrassing. 

I have figured out that training for a half marathon right now is just not do-able.  Maybe next year, but not this year.  My school is too demanding of my time.  Also, by the time I was trained up, it would be too hot and there wouldn't be in halfs to run in.  So, instead I am going to try to work on my pace.  I have decided as motivation to treat myself to a Kindle (not the color one, just the basic) if I have run a sub-30 minute 5k or a sub-60 minutes 10k.  I know that is easy to some people, but some reason my little legs just refuse to move that fast.  I also know that to get that fast I'm probably going to have to do 2 things:
1. Run more (duh!)
2. lose some weight

I just don't think my body can go that fast unless I lose some.  I don't know how that's going to look or if I will even do it, but it's just something I'm throwing around. 

I don't expect to reach that goal March 31st, but maybe later in the Spring.  I think I could have done it last year post-half marathon but the only 5k I ran was a brutally hilly course.

All that to say, I have some goals and some motivation to get there!

2 comments:

  1. Go You!

    A half seems like the most crazy thing in the world right now - when it was only 6 months ago I was so close.

    Is it the color / paint run that is coming up?

    I need to start looking for a race for the Fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the color run is March 31st! I can't believe I ran a half marathon almost a year ago. Yesterday while I was running a not so great 3 miles I couldn't help but think that a year ago I was running 10 miles no problem. Maybe someday I will be there again. Yes, start looking now for a race. That way you can think of a good start date for getting back at it.

    ReplyDelete