Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Mysti's Run 06-25-2010

Warm Up: Elliptical 5 minutes
Workout: Running 1.5 minutes and Walking 1 minute for 15 minutes.
Distance: 1 mile

I am working really hard NOT to get shin splints and/or have foot pain due to my crazy high arches. (In the past, I have had lots of difficulties with both) Solution: new shoes, lots of stretching, warming up on elliptical and icing down my shins and arches after working out. So far so Good !!

I finally got in my car tonight and measured the distance around my neighborhood...Right at 1 mile !! My speedometer rolled over to 1.1 miles when I pulled back into my garage. I am so excited, because it will make measuring distance very easy.

Like Michelle, I am going on vacation this coming week and I too plan to take the running shoes.

3 comments:

  1. That's a good idea about trying not to hurt your feet or get shin splints. I read recently that icing problem areas after every run is a good idea to avoid injury along with stretching and doing core(ab) work.

    Good to know about your neighborhood being 1 mile, that's a nice and easy distance to calculate!

    I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://skinnyrunner.com/2010/06/12/reader-question-injuries/

    Here's the link about injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the linking; Checking it out tonight.

    ReplyDelete