Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Michelle's Run 3.13.11

Distance: 3.5 miles

This run was a failure!  I was supposed to run 11 miles and only made it to 3.5.  I don't know what the deal is.  I had absolutely no energy to run.  All I wanted to do was sit down and cry.  Usually when my run starts bad I remind myself of how great I will feel after I complete the run, but that wasn't working today.  I was also really having a hard time being the pacer for Michael...it was like i had no mental energy either. (He didn't have my problem and ran 10 miles.)

Part of it may have been that I had very little carbs today, so my body was needing more calories, but I don't think that was the whole problem.  I think it was a lot of little things rolled into one.

This week I only ran 6 miles!  That is TERRIBLE!  How am I going to be able to run a half marathon in 3 weeks if I only run 6 miles in a whole week??  I just don't feel super excited about running right now. I also do worse with running when I have a less going on.  Because I will just keep putting it off all day until it's too late or I've lost the motivation.  This week HAS to be different. 

I am going to try for an 11 mile redemption run tomorrow, even if it means running in the rain.  Then I am going to run 6 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles Friday, and 12 miles next Sunday.  That's my plan... I know I have the time to do it since next week is Spring Break... I just need to make myself put on my shoes and run. 

Maybe I should blame this on Mysti since she visited last week and now I am out of my running groove. hahhaa.

1 comment:

  1. It was my evil plan all along was to come to Knoxville and mess with your running groove ;)

    You will do great!! You've ran 11 miles and have 3 weeks to have just a couple more. Maybe you just needed a little kick today to get focused for the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete