Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Michelle's Run 4.5.12

30 minute tempo run

Since I am running the Peachtree, it's time to get serious about the training.  I thought Spring Break would be the best time to try to get in the habit.  In taking my training more seriously, I have decided to dabble in tempo runs and speedwork.  Today I tried a tempo run.  I ran at normal pace for 10 minutes.  Then I picked up the pace for 5 minutes, then spent 5 minutes trying to run near my goal 10k pace.  The last 10 minutes were a cool down.  The goal is to increase the time that I can run at my goal pace.  I'm wanting to run the 10k in less than an hour! 

Next week I will try speedwork.... the trick there is finding a track or somewhere that would be conducive for speedwork.  


No comments:

Post a Comment